Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Water Your Faith Wednesday - The Power of a Praying Wife (Part 10)

Hello everyone! Welcome to "Water Your Faith" Wednesday! How do you feel after spending your Sunday at church praising and worshiping our Lord? I know I feel great! I start my week fired up and ready to face what's in store. Oftentimes, however, by Wednesday, life begins to drag me down. My goal is provide a way to overcome the spiritual doldrums with encouraging words, scriptures, devotions, songs, etc. Let me know what you think!
 
  Week 1, the introduction: The Power.
Week 2, His Wife.  
Week 3, His Work
Week 4, His Finances
Week 5, His Sexuality
Week 6, His Affection
Week 7, His Temptation
Week 8, His Mind.
  Week 9, His Fears.
Week 10, His Purpose.
 
Today, we are continuing our devotions with the 10th chapter in The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: His Choices
 
"A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel." - Proverbs 1:5
 
My Thoughts: There are times that my husband will make a decision and I'm left standing there internally raging, "what were you THINKING!" "WHY???", and angry. There are times that my husband makes a decision and it really is better for us. It never occurred to me (sometimes, I feel really dumb after reading these chapters, like I should KNOW better) to pray for my husband's choices. As the verse says, I want me husband to be wise and make decisions based on his discernment from the Lord. The Bible states that the opposite of a wise man is a fool, and we all know that (pg. 94). God does not look favorably on fools. Read the bible, there are plenty of verses about how God feels about foolish men/women. I'm not making this up! However, if your husband is a "fool" or makes decisions based on his flesh, don't try to fix him (pg. 94)! Only God can do that. Instead, pray for the fear of the Lord to overtake him and give him knowledge and wisdom (pg. 94). As Stormie says, "so much of our lives is affected by decisions our husbands make. We are wise to pray that they make good ones." (pg. 94) 

No comments:

Post a Comment