Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Water Your Faith Wednesday - The Power of a Praying Wife (Part 3)

Hello everyone! Welcome to "Water Your Faith" Wednesday! How do you feel after spending your Sunday at church praising and worshiping our Lord? I know I feel great! I start my week fired up and ready to face what's in store. Oftentimes, however, by Wednesday, life begins to drag me down. My goal is provide a way to overcome the spiritual doldrums with encouraging words, scriptures, devotions, songs, etc. Let me know what you think!
 
  Week 1, the introduction: The Power.
Week 2, His Wife.  
Week 2, His Work.
 
Today, we are continuing our devotions with the third chapter in The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: His Finances
 
"Do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." - Luke 12:29-31
 
My Thoughts: This is another short chapter (pg. 51-55). However, the message Stormie is trying to communicate is very clear. "Nothing puts more pressure on a marriage than financial irresponsibility, lack of money, and huge debt," but seeking the Lord and His will for our finances can help ease that pressure (pg. 51). I make more money than my husband and I have to continuously remind myself that by telling him that, I am hurting his ego because he feels the pressure and responsibility to take care of our family. I pray that the "storehouses of blessings" will be opened upon my husband and I, but I want it to come directly from the Lord (pg. 52-53). I don't want him to get any financial gain that is outside of the Lord's will for us, which is why it's important to pray for the Lord to direct you in all areas of your life, especially in your finances.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your book and comments make me want to reread her book. I felt reading it for the first time , Stormie's emphasis on prayer created a depression within me due to the lack of result's that were in line with her suggestion's. I also felt something was missing in the book and lacked encouragement, but was informative. The only book I liked from her " prayer series" was for our country which, it is like a Sodom and Gommorah , with the acceptance of Gay marriages, tattoo's and trans-whatever and a total lack of commitment along with the electronic age becoming a substitute for interaction with people. There really has been a shift after 2000.
    Thanks Shannah for your blog. You can tell you put a lot of work into it and your love for the Lord is effectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how the lack of results would get you down. I try to remember that change doesn't happen on our time. Our job is to be faithful in prayer and in loving the person/thing we're praying for. It's not our job to make others changes, it's God's job.

      I really enjoy sharing my thoughts and books with you all, so thank you for stopping by!

      Delete