Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Water Your Faith Wednesday - The Power of a Praying Wife (Part 9)

Hello everyone! Welcome to "Water Your Faith" Wednesday! How do you feel after spending your Sunday at church praising and worshiping our Lord? I know I feel great! I start my week fired up and ready to face what's in store. Oftentimes, however, by Wednesday, life begins to drag me down. My goal is provide a way to overcome the spiritual doldrums with encouraging words, scriptures, devotions, songs, etc. Let me know what you think!
 
  Week 1, the introduction: The Power.
Week 2, His Wife.  
Week 3, His Work
Week 4, His Finances
Week 5, His Sexuality
Week 6, His Affection
Week 7, His Temptation
Week 8, His Mind.
  Week 9, His Fears.
 
Today, we are continuing our devotions with the 9th chapter in The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: His Purpose
 
"Each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that." - 1 Corinthians 7:7
 
My Thoughts: Everyone has a purpose. God created each one of us with a purpose in mind. Your husband, according to Stormie, needs to know his purpose because it helps him to know why he exists (pg. 87). Our husbands are "predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will" (Ephesians 1:11-12) and our job is to pray that he finds the will of Him and hears God's call on his life (pg. 87). Once he figures out God's plan for his life, he can be confident, happy, and fulfilled. That ultimately affects you (pg. 88).  

No comments:

Post a Comment