Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Water Your Faith Wednesday - The Power of a Praying Wife (Part 12)

Hello everyone! Welcome to "Water Your Faith" Wednesday! How do you feel after spending your Sunday at church praising and worshiping our Lord? I know I feel great! I start my week fired up and ready to face what's in store. Oftentimes, however, by Wednesday, life begins to drag me down. My goal is provide a way to overcome the spiritual doldrums with encouraging words, scriptures, devotions, songs, etc. Let me know what you think!

Week 1, the introduction: The Power.
Week 2, His Wife
Week 3, His Work
Week 4, His Finances
Week 5, His Sexuality
Week 6, His Affection
Week 7, His Temptation
Week 8, His Mind.
Week 9, His Fears.
Week 10, His Purpose
Week 11, His Choices.
Week 12, His Health.

Today, we are continuing our devotions with the 12th chapter in The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: His Protection.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." - Psalm 18:2-3

My Thoughts: I've heard numerous stories of people who were in dangerous situations or accidents and miraculously came out without a scratch or relatively unscathed. That is the power of prayer at work! "Our husbands are on a battlefield every day," Stormie says, and only God knows what the enemy has planned to bring into our lives (pg. 101). But God promises to be "a shield to those who trust him" (Proverbs 30:5) and He can even be a shield to someone because of our faith if we pray for them (pg. 101). That's why it's so important to pray regularly and on an ongoing basis for our spouse's protection. We don't have to pray for specific dangers, we just need to pray (pg. 102). Accidents are going to happen, even to godly people, and when they do we don't expect them (pg. 102). "You never know when [your prayers] might be needed in the battlefield," Stormie states, "and if something happens, you'll have the comfort of knowing you've invited God's presence and power into the midst of it" (pg. 102).

No comments:

Post a Comment