Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Water Your Faith Wednesday (July 23)



Hello everyone! Welcome to "Water Your Faith" Wednesday! How do you feel after spending your Sunday at church praising and worshiping our Lord? I know I feel great! I start my week fired up and ready to face what's in store. Oftentimes, however, by Wednesday, life begins to drag me down. My goal is provide a way to overcome the spiritual doldrums with encouraging words, scriptures, devotions, songs, etc. Let me know what you think!

"When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom." (KJV)
"When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the humble is wisdom." (NKJV)
"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." (NIV)
Proverbs 11:2

I came across this verse yesterday in my Proverbs 31 daily devotion entitled The Moments We Don't Capture. Do you ever have those moments when you feel like the Lord just taps you on the shoulder and says "Pay attention to this, you need it!" Well, reading this devotion was one of those moments for me. 

Oftentimes in my life, when I've messed up, I don't really take the time to think or learn from my mistakes. I just apologize and move on. So, of course, I do it again and have to apologize all over again. After reading this devotion, I realize how foolish that is. How can I grow or change if I don't learn from my mistakes? The answer is simple: you can't.

As the devotion states, "Humility and humiliation, silver linings that can lead to wisdom even in the midst of the moments we don't capture in pictures." 

When was the last time you really took the time to look at your mistakes and learn from them? 

Lysa TerKeurst


1 comment: