Sunday, July 13, 2014

Birthday Bash! - Day 1 - William Sirls Guest Post

Welcome to my birthday bash - Day 1!!! This week we are celebrating 27 years of my life with lots of fun things! William Sirls is here to kick things off! I've read both of his books and they are amazing! Learn more about The Reason and enter to win 1 of 5 copies of The Sinner's Garden!


 



Born on April 3, 1964 in Detroit, Michigan, to a construction worker and a homemaker, William Sirls grew up as the youngest of six children. Active in both sports and imagination, he aspired primarily to become either a professional golfer or attorney. Realizing he didn’t have the talent or the grades for those careers, he shifted gears and went in another direction.

Over the course of his life, he has experienced both great highs and tremendous lows— some born of chance, some born of choice. Years before the publication of his first novel, he worked 60 hour weeks as a senior vice president at one of the nation’s largest investment firms, somehow finding time to read three to four books per week and to rough out ideas for different stories of his own.


In early 2004, while visiting his oldest daughter at a Detroit hospital, he came across a young cancer patient that was being pulled in a little red wagon by his parents. At the time, Sirls had no idea that he was looking at three characters that would appear more than eight years later in The Reason.


He was incarcerated in 2007 for wire fraud and money laundering. While in prison, Sirls learned a great deal more than he ever bargained for.


Life lessons involving faith, grace, patience, and forgiveness are evident in The Reason.

He is the father of two and makes his home in southern Michigan.

You can view my book reviews and an exclusive interview with William:



19 comments:

  1. Vanilla! I'm not chocolate kind of girl which my mom laughs about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite kind of cake is coconut. I love coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a three way tie. All made by scratch by my mama: coconut, candy bar cake and just a simple chocolate layer with vanilla frosting.
    Amyc

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books look really good!
    My favorite cake is...anything, really. :) But I guess I lean toward chocolate with chocolate frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chocolate cake. Icing is optional.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything chocolate! Chocolate icing would be a plus too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I love Chocolate Cake with Fudgey Chocolate Icing. I would love to read this book. Sounds very good . I have The Reason in my TBR pile. Very interesting life. Thanks Shannah for interviewing William Sirls.
    Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  8. yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Although my mom makes this really good lemon cake with fresh fruit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are speaking my language, Cassie! Yellow cake with Chocolate Icing (preferably whipped) is my absolute favorite!

      Delete
  9. Anything chocolate!! Happt birthday! rita(dot)navarre(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting--a favorite since I was a kid. Mom makes it best. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like white cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like chocolate cake with cream cheese icing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like cake...but I LOVE cheesecake if that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for posting the interview. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's this cake made by a Chinese bakery that I really (really!) enjoy. Unfortunately, I don't know the name––just what it looks like:-). It's like sponge cake with a whipped-cream type of frosting. The cake is layered with strips of mango (so it appears orange) and topped with a ring of strawberries and blueberries (and more of that delightfully fluffy and light whipped-cream frosting). Yeah . . . it's pretty delicious;-)

    ReplyDelete