Friday, May 29, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up (May 29) - Month in Review & Friday Memes

This is the Weekend Wrap-Up, inspired by Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Review. This is where I will tell you what I've read in the past week, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read in the week ahead. I might also share some interesting events from the past week!


Congratulations!
SUSAN F.
*Winner has been notified. Name chosen using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
Winner has 1 week to claim prize. If no response is received, a new winner will be chosen.

What I've Read
A May Bride 

Reviews Posted
Until the Harvest by Sarah Loudin Thomas
A May Bride by Meg Moseley
In Firefly Valley by Amanda Cabot

What I'm Currently Reading
22822925 

Looking Forward to June
23411536234037772358259323646431233174662253612419854452 

May Wrap Up
A May BrideAs Love Blooms: A Novel12127810From the StartUndeniably Yours: a novelMeant to Be Mine (Porter Family Series #2)


The Question: Can you read in a room with noise or do you have to have total quiet?

My Answer: Since I do most of my reading at work, and I work in a call center where there is always someone on the phone or people up walking around and socializing, I would say that I can read in a room with noise. 


Hosted by: Rose City Reader
"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."


"The nurse rolled me down a hallway and through a door where my husband waited on a chair pushed into one corner of the small recovery room. He stood as soon as we entered." - The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert

I love Katie Ganshert's books. They are though-provoking and powerful. I expect this one to be much the same!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannah, Looks like you have some good fiction to read this June! I've got Denise Hunter's new book (Married 'til Monday) reserved at the library and looking forward to it. I love her stories.

    I also read 'Appalachian Serenade' by Sarah Loudin Thomas and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it! I've got her other books on my TBR list. : )

    Have a great day and enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Denise Hunter as well! I am wanting to go back and read the other books in the Chapel Springs series. You will love the Sarah Loudin Thomas books, I promise! I thoroughly enjoyed both of them! Happy reading :D

      Delete