Friday, May 15, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up (May 15) - Friday Memes

This is the Weekend Wrap-Up, inspired by Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Review. This is where I will tell you what I've read in the past week, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read in the week ahead. I might also share some interesting events from the past week!

Funny story: Yesterday (THURSDAY), I woke up so excited because I thought it was Friday. I didn't realize it WASN'T yet Friday until halfway through my morning routine. Apparently, in my sleepy "happy friday, though it's not Friday" mind, I turned my alarm clock off. So today, WHICH IS ACTUALLY FRIDAY, my alarm did NOT go off. OOOPPPSS! I was late for work! It has thrown off my whole day. Has that ever happened to you? 

What I've Read

Reviews Posted
A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade
To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander
Take a Chance on Me by Susan May Warren

What I'm Currently Reading:


What's Up Next for May:
When Grace Sings: A Novel228229252341153122574753 



This Week's Question: If you see a book you like but see it is 400 or 500+ pages, will you still read it?

My Answer: Sometimes. It depends on what the book is about and if I'm really interested in reading it. I'm a pretty fast reader, so it doesn't scare me.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader
"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"Flowers have an expression of countenance." Tessa Gregory whispered the words she'd once read. She studied the blooms in the Como Park planter and shook her head. If the author was correct, then these pansies were suffering from a severe case of melancholy." - As Love Blooms by Lorna Seilstad - The Gregory Sisters Series #3

Having not read any of the previous Gregory Sisters series, I don't know what to expect from this novel. Having read several Lorna Seilstad books, I can expect that it will be entertaining and uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment