Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books 14 | Day 1

Bout of Books
It's finally here! My very first Bout of Books week... and I'm not off to a very good start. I only managed to read half of The Curiosity Keeper by Sarah E. Ladd today. But, tomorrow is a new day!

On to today's challenge, hosted by Between Library Shelves:

Today's challenge is to list 3 to 6 books of fiction that take place in countries other than the one you currently reside in. Some countries are easy to find books set in them, but possibly the more challenging of picks will be the ones that intrigue the most. All you need to do is list the books of choice on your blog, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, etc., and display them how you wish. BE CREATIVE! Then come back here and link up your results, and then visit other participants' blogs and social media link-ups and see what books they chose for the challenge.

If posting on Twitter, Instagram and/or other social media platforms, please use #FictionalWorldTravel.

As I was searching for books to use in this challenge (on my shelves and my Nook), I realized I've not read that many books set in other countries (besides England), so I went to the linky for some inspiration! Here's the books I've chosen:


Daughter of Silk by Linda Lee Chaikin - Paris, France
Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard - Port Aster (based on Niagara, Ontario)
Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck - The Grand Duchy of Hessenberg
The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - London, England
Torn Asunder by Alana Terry - North Korea
When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke - Canadian Frontier

No comments:

Post a Comment