Monday, March 28, 2016

Belize Mission Trip 2016 | Day 6

3/10/2016

We had about 69 kids come to our last day of Vacation Bible School (on 3/9/2016)!! I cannot believe we had that many kids come. It was just amazing to see God working in their lives. Pastor Tim stopped by their classes to give them some words of encouragement and say a prayer with them. They were so excited to see him. To me, that shows how much trust and love our church has built in that community by coming back year after year.

Before Bible school tonight, we were able to get in and finish Mr. Pesch's classroom. Every wall had two coats, inside and out. The ceiling was even painted! They finished the wiring and made sure all of the electrical components worked as they should. We were going to move the classroom chairs in after lunch, but the teacher was so excited, he did it by himself! We were also able to provide Mr. Pesch with a bike. He walks over an hour and half a day to school and back just to teach. We are hoping the bicycle will help cut down on the time he spends walking and allow him to spend more time at home with his family. It's nice to meet a teacher at St. Jude who is passionate about their kids and teaching.

After lunch, we were able to go to Hopkin's Beach in Belize. It was BEAUTIFUL. It was a nice day to rest and rejuvenate for our trip home. After we got back, Delinda and I snuck off to see sweet baby Kai. Jessica is doing well. I continue to pray for her and her little boy every day. They are never far from my heart and mind. Heman, the maintenance man at the camp, took the "newbies" tarantula hunting tonight. If you ever stay at the Baptist Training Center in Belize, you have to experience the tarantula whisperer. 

Our work in Belize is coming to an end. I am approaching the last couple days with a heavy heart. I know this will be the last time I visit these precious people for a while, and it makes me sad. Friday will be a whirlwind of activity as we strive to finish all of the projects we've started. I am looking forward to finishing, but I'm dreading the day we leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment