Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Belize Mission Trip 2016 | Day 5

3/9/2016
I have been sick for the past day with the stomach bug. If any of you have had the dreaded bug, I am sorry. It really sucks the life out of you. I am feeling better today, though, but will not be returning to work this week. The CDC recommends staying home for at least 3 days after you stop having symptoms because you are still contagious. Sitting here on my couch, I almost didn't want to pick my computer up. However, I couldn't deny you another glimpse of my fabulous trip, so here it goes!

We cannot keep our team well. One person gets better, two more go down, two get better, one more goes down... It's a vicious cycle. Despite that fact that so many of our team is sick, we are accomplishing so much! I'm amazed at how well our team has come together to get things done. 

The Bishop came for confirmation at St. Jude's today. His visit was kind of disappointing. I was excepting a lot of pomp and circumstance, and there wasn't any. We were painting at the lower school building, and I expected to know when he showed up. He came and left without us even knowing! There were a lot of people that stayed at the school afterwards. Sounded like they were having a party. 
Though I don't consider myself a "Belize Veteran" as it was only my second trip, I have enjoyed getting to know the "newbies." The folks from New Sterling that I haven't gotten to know before and folks from Boyce Memorial are a joy to work with. Overall, this trip is turning out exactly as I'd expected. I'm beginning to dread the end of the week, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment