Friday, March 18, 2016

Belize Mission Trip 2016 | Day 3

3/7/2016
Welcome to work day number 1!! Before we start our work day, we have devotions as a group in the morning. Pastor Tim chose a book on Humility. I can tell just from reading the first few chapters, this is going to be one of those books I stop, start, stop and start again. It will be hard to get through because it's personal, but I'm looking forward to finishing the book (eventually). (Hey at least I'm honest!)
It was so nice sitting under the chapel (which is really a big gazebo), singing praise to the Lord, studying God's word (even though it was on a tough subject), and listening to the rain beat on the tin roof. 

Since it was raining, we couldn't start our work at the school. Instead, we were tasked with painting the ceiling in the kitchen that we cook and ate in. Have you ever painted a ceiling before? It's not exactly easy. I can't tell you how many times I had to stop and wipe paint flecks out of my eyes! It was fun though. All of us, working together, got the kitchen painted in about an hour. That was after one of our ladies spent about 20 minutes stirring the paint because it was old! Maria and I had a paint war, and ended up with splotches of white paint all over us.  After lunch, we did get to go paint at the school for a little bit.

Monday night was the first night of Vacation Bible School. With the help of the principle at St. Jude's (the school in Camelote that we were painting) and some of our young friends in the village, we had over 50 kids. That is the most we have EVER had, from my understanding! I cannot believe it! God is so good. The ladies who were teaching were amazing. You can tell they have a passion for teaching. I admire their strengths!


After the kids left, dinner was cleaned up, we sat around in the chapel and sang songs. It was absolutely inspiring and beautiful. I'm looking forward to all God has in store for us this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment