Thursday, August 14, 2014

Left Behind - The Movie!

Left Behind
As I was scrolling through Facebook the other day, I came across a movie trailer that caught my attention. When I was younger, before I began to despise reading books (which I obviously outgrew since I blog about books all the time!), I read several books in the "Left Behind" kids series. Well, the movie trailer I came across was entitled: "Left Behind" The Movie! I remember the books and I remember being really interested in them, and while I haven't read the adult book (which I will before I see the movie), I watched the trailer. So, when I was approached to help promote the movie I decided to jump on the "Left Behind" train!
I'm interested in this movie for several reasons:
  1. I enjoyed the kids series, as it introduced me to the book of Revelations and the apocolypse when I was just beginning to learn and understand the God that I accepted as my Saviour.
  2. Being in the world, I admit to enjoying movies with certain actors/actresses in them, and this movie has a few very well-known actors/actresses in it.
  3. I'm interested to see how well the movie lines up with the book (which I fully intend to read before the movie releases).
  4. I'm also interested to see how strong the Biblical truths in the book will be portrayed in the movie.
LEFT BEHIND MOVIE -  COMING TO THEATERS OCTOBER 3RD, 2014
 Below is the trailer for the movie, which releases October 3. Let me know what you think!
 

 
Have any of you seen the trailer? Are you interested in seeing the movie? Why or why not? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I saw this on your blog. I probably wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

    I remember reading the books (the original series) until I had to start waiting for the next one to come out. Then due to so many characters and being unable to keep track of where they left off, I lost interest.

    In 2000, Kirk Cameron was in a movie based off of the books. I think it ended up flopping though. I remember watching that one and not really loving it. But this trailer looks like it might be a pretty good movie and stick close to the books (at least that I can remember).

    ReplyDelete