Friday, August 9, 2013

Week End Wrap-Up (August 9th)

I got this idea from Christian Bookshelf Reviews, which is one of my favorite blogs to follow. I thought it would be interesting to give it a try! Every Friday, I will post my "week-end wrap up" describing what I've read the past week, what I am currently reading, and what I hope to read in the next week. So here is goes...

**WINNERS** Of The Reason by William Sirls are:

**Amanda
**Leigh
**Julie
**Darlene

If you have not read this book, I would highly recommend it. William Sirls is a great author and the book was fascinating. You can see my review here.

What I've read this week:

*Love by the Book by Cara Lynn James. This has been reviewed on my blog.

In anticipation of the release of Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters movie, I have been re-reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson Series. These are my secular reading "guilty pleasures" hehe




The movie, by the way, is amazing!

So far, I've re-read the first three. Here are my reviews from Goodreads.com: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love this book. Riordan has a way with dialogue that pulls you into the story. I laugh out loud with the characters, I can imagine what they are seeing with perfect clarity, and I root for them througout the story. It's a great book!



The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another hilarious, riveting, and exciting addition to the Percy Jackson series. Rick Riordan creates characters and scenes that come alive. The dialogue is fantastic. Riordan knows when to be serious and when to lighten the mood, and the interaction between the characters is how he does it. I love this book!


The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Rick Riordan. His writing is phenomenal. He knows just how to lighten a serious scene with well places humor. This book, like the first two, was excellent!





Books I'm currently reading:
*Anathema by Colleen Coble
*Percy Jackson and The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Books I plan on reading the in coming week:
I'm going on vacation next week, to the beach! I'm very excited and since this is my last week of "vacation" before I start my last semester of college, I plan on getting in as much reading as possible!
(This list is subject to change, depending on my mood of course)
*Percy Jackson and the Lasy Olympian by Rick Riordan
*The Governess of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky
*The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers
*The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz

So, there you have it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I look forward to reviewing any of the books I get to read before my vacation ends! If you do a week end wrap up, or something similar on your blog, feel free to post it in the comments section! I would love to take a look!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating, Shannah!! I hope you enjoy "The Colonel's Lady" by Laura Frantz - I loved that book. :)

    Have a great vacation. :D

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie,
      Thanks for stopping by! This really is a great idea!

      I hope I enjoy it, as well. I've been wanting to read it since I got it for Christmas :)

      Delete