Friday, August 23, 2013

Week End Wrap-Up (August 23)

This is my third addition of the Week End Wrap-Up, inspired by Christian Bookshelf Reviews Blog. This is where I will tell you what I've read in the past week, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read in the week ahead. I might also share some interesting events from the past week!

Well, folks, I started my FINAL semester this week! I'm so excited to be so close to achieving one of my life goals: getting my bachelor's degree. I am studying Business Administration at Pfeiffer University's Charlotte Campus. Their School of Adult Studies is excellent for working adults or adults with children. I have really enjoyed being there, but I'm ready to be done! Once I finish, I have more time to read (and who doesn't want that!)!

What I've Read This Week:
Summer At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1)Summer At Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a very well-written book. Susan Wiggs creates a magical world with her descriptions of camp. Her characters are poignant and real. The story is easy to follow, even though there are several sub plots. The conclusion is satisfying.

There is some sexual content in this book, but it is tastefully done and doesn't go into too much detail. There is also some language in the book, but not overdone either.

The Winter Lodge (Lakeshore Chronicles, #2)The Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a good second addition to the first book, Summer at Willow Lake. It is well-written and very well thought out. The themes of family, love, friendship, and trust are evident in everything each character says and does. There are no parts in the story that I found lagging.

There is some language and a bit of intimate content, but it is tastefully done just as it was in Summer at Willow Lake. There is nothing vulgar or x-rated about the romance. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would read it again!

Fancy PantsFancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake. This book was reviewed on my blog. You can find it here.









What I'm currently reading:











What I plan on reading next week:


There you have it folks! That's my week in a nutshell!

2 comments:

  1. Once Upon a Prince was a cute read - I hope you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    I am enjoying it so far! I'm about 45% done with it I think and it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete