Friday, August 16, 2013

Week End Wrap-Up (August 16th)

This is my second addition of the Week End Wrap-Up, inspired by Christian Bookshelf Reviews Blog. This is where I will tell you what I've read in the past week, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read in the week ahead. I might also share some interesting events from the past week! (Like this week!)

This week, I'm on vacation at Topsail Island Beach in North Carolina. We got here Saturday (Aug. 10) and we leave tomorrow (Aug. 17). It's been a pretty exciting week for me. I got engaged!!! He was sneaky about it too! We went to the beach to take some family pictures. In the first picture, his sister and brother-in-law were writing the message in the sand while we took pictures together. His little nephew comes running over to me and tells me he has a surprise for me, and boy what a surprise it was!


Now! Onto the books I've read this week:
The Governess of Highland Hall. (See my review here)
*Anathema. (See my review here)


The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book shows the characters beginning to mature and grow up a little. There is a little romance in the book, a little teenage angst, and of course the action you would expect from a Riordan book! I enjoyed it immensely.



The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The final installment of the Percy Jackson series provides a satisfying conclusion to the story of Percy Jackson! Riordan keeps the book from being too dark and depressing with his witty dialogue and the interaction between the characters. This was a great book!


Books I'm Currently Reading:
Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
















Books I plan to read:  Unfortunately,  I start school on Monday. BUT, this is my last semester so I guess I'll endure it! This seriously cuts down my reading time, though. So, I'm only going to shoot for one book this week.
Prairie Song by Mona Hodgson














And that about wraps it up, folks! I hope you all have a fantastic week!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement, Shannah!! :)

    Glad you loved Anathema - I really want to read that book someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anathema is an excellent book. I really enjoyed it!

      Delete