Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bullet Journal | Budget & Savings Log

There are many different "logs" and "lists" you can put in your BuJo. One of the many notebooks I've carried around with me FOREVER is my budget notebook. I handle the finances for our family and I've created a pretty good system for keeping track of what bills are due and what paycheck I need to pay them with. The one thing I'm NOT good at, however, is saving. So, I researched "savings plans" on Google... after combing through an OVERWHELMING amount of plans, I decided to follow two: The 52-Week Savings Plan (in reverse) and the Christmas Savings Plan.

In my BuJo, I created a "savings log" spread. On one side, I have the 52 weeks savings plan. On the other side, the Christmas Savings plan. Each week I move money to my savings account, I revisit this page so I can check off the savings and keep track of my goals.

The great thing about the Bullet Journal is the flexibility it provides. I can't stress it enough! If you don't like one layout, use it for a week (or month) and try another one! There are ENDLESS options on Pinterest and the internet. Prime example: my budget log. I thought keeping it together with my monthly layout would be a good idea. After February, though, I decided I needed them all in the same place, so I changed my layout. It's worked out great the past two months! I didn't change my system, just moved where I kept the information.

As I continue my BuJo journey, I can look back at how it's evolved. I loved the concept when I first heard about it, and I love it even more now that I've started one of my own! What about you? How do you use your BuJo for budgeting and savings goals?

If you're just joining me on my BuJo journey, be sure to check out my previous posts:
Bullet Journaling | How I Got Started and Bullet Journal | Future Log

No comments:

Post a Comment