Friday, September 18, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up (Sept. 4-18) | Friday Memes

This is the Weekend Wrap-Up, inspired by Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Review. This is where I will tell you what I've read in the past week, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read in the week ahead. I might also share some interesting events from the past week!

Don't forget to check out my post: Mission Monday | Gettin crafty! Please be in prayer for our upcoming mission trip to Belize. We really appreciate it!

Books I've Read
 

Reviews Posted
An August Bride by Debra Clopton
A Heart's Promise by Colleen Coble
Stealing Jake by Pam Hillman
Daughters of the Heart by Carol McAdoo

Currently Reading
25058237 

What I plan on finishing in September: (I've got a lot of catching up to do!)
2253612423647120Ties That Bind24605318248560692493398520014890

Hosted by: Rose City Reader
"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

""Good morning, and welcome to Last Chance." Rita Sandoval, owner and manager of the Last Chance Motel as well as the town's mayor and chief booster, tucked her pencil back behind her ear and smiled up at Dr. Jessica MacLeod. "I know you're going to love it here."" - Last Chance Hero by Cathleen Armstrong

My Thoughts: This is not a particularly exciting beginning, but I have loved this series so far and I have no doubt this book will be great!

1 comment:

  1. The dresses on those book covers are gorgerous! Kinda makes you wish for the Victorian ear =) I am running the Book Blog awards this year for the 2nd year in a row and wanted to let you know nominations are open until October 31st . There are 15 awards up for grabs this year. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi or my co-host @QuratulainR to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on Twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kkntQ2xPpTaBcw-5OlDwUMMp1J11psxKS2Pvzi3TQ6k/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uKrnRIt0X7x489A3N60BC4InisHZRR8TVVFQBiCF12E/viewform

    ReplyDelete