Monday, September 14, 2015

Mission Monday: Gettin' Crafty

Good morning literary friends! I know, I know! You're wondering, where have you been? Things have been busy, busy, busy in the life of your Faith * Love * Books Blogger, and I've fallen behind on everything! So, in an effort to get back on track, I will be reading up a storm (especially since my hubby will be working late all week).

In other news, my church (New Sterling A. R. P.) is gearing up for another fun and exciting mission trip to Belize. I went last year and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Some of the people in that village had nothing, and they were willing to give us all they had. It was definitely a humbling experience and an honor to go. I've made several life long friends and got to be a part of two people giving their lives to the Lord. We also helped paint and repair a school, repaired and basically remodeled a family's home that was falling apart from termite damage, and bought them a new energy efficient refrigerator to replace their very old, costly one.

I say all this to say that we need your prayers as we head into this next mission trip. We have plans, but as my preacher likes to say, they are "loose" plans. We want to do what the Lord directs us to do, so we keep our options open and our hearts ready and listening. Right now, we are in the fundraising portion of our preparations, with a few major events coming up to help cover the costs of our plane tickets and the supplies we will need once we
get there. If you are interested in making a donation, please message me through the CONTACT ME page. I would love to send you a formal letter and an envelope addressed to the church. It is a taxable donation and the church will send you a receipt.

If you can't donate right now, but still want to help, please consider purchasing one of the book marks or cards that I've made (they are first come, first serve until I build my supplies and stock up on paper in order to accomodate special orders or requests). Half of every book mark and card sold will be given to the New Sterling Mission fund. Please comment below if you are interesting in purchasing a book mark or card with your name and email address in a non-spam format (email(at)domain(dot)com). I will contact you for your mailing address and arrange for payment.

Any way you can help out would be a tremedous blessing, and know that we covet your prayers. Thank you for your time and consideration, friends! God Bless!

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure" Hebrews 6:19
Bookmark - $2 (2 available)

"For the Lord is Great and greatly to be praised" - Psalm 96:4
Bookmark - $2 (2 available)

Stampin Up! "Happy Birthday" Card w/ Envelope
$6 (1 Available)

Stampin Up! "Thank You" Card w/ Envelope
$6 (1 Available)

Stampin Up! "Just Beecause I love you" Card w/ Envelope
$6 (1 Available)



No comments:

Post a Comment